Friday, December 31, 2021

I Can't Think of a Title for This Post

It's the end of 2021 and the usual thing to do is to write some sort of summary of the year that is set to come to a close. I don't really want to do that, but I'm feeling called to write something at the moment.

There is a lot going on in my head right now, and I'm not entirely sure how to process it all. That's not entirely true. I feel a poem churning in my soul. Here it is:


How many decisions do we make in a year?

Hundreds of thousands? Millions? More?

So many on autopilot - with little thought behind them.

Many made to temporarily fill a void, ease a discomfort - 

        so many miss the root.

Love 

or (more likely)

a fear of love

or 

a lack of love 

at the root of what ails me. Probably us.

Set an intention to let love drive more decisions.



No comments: