Tuesday, November 18, 2008

New jeans

I am afraid that the following is going to be a very superficial rant (with an intro like that, who wouldn't stick around).

I desperately needed a new pair of jeans. I have but one pair that does not have holey knees. I have always found that Calvin Klein jeans fit very nicely, so off I went to the mall for what I thought would be a simple purchase.

I asked a sales clerk where I could find the Calvin Klein jeans and she kindly walked me to the section. Sadly, my pleasant experience stopped there. I was surrounded by hip-hugging pants that looked like they fell directly out of the late 70s ior early 80s. Ladies, you know what I'm talking about. The back pockets have fancy swoops or curly-q's. I couldn't believe that there was not one pair of simple, plain jeans.

I asked another clerk, whose hair weighed more that she did, and she told me that this is all the company had bought from Calvin Klein, but that there were Lee's in another part of the store. Luckily, that leads to a happy ending. I found a pair of normal jeans, for $40 less that the CK "jeans." That left enough money to buy a sweater and a pair of earrings.

Now I just have to do something about making sure I buy smaller jeans next time.

4 comments:

maryb said...

There should be some kind of medical condition name for the anxiety caused by buying jeans.

A few years ago I discovered that Ralph Lauren Jeans fit me best - but they hardly ever go on sale. So I watch for end of season, take another __% off sales and then they get down to normal price.

Teacher Toni said...

Jeans should be a simple piece of clothing to purchase.

I was trying to think of a witty medical condition pun playing off jean/gene, but I'm drawing a blank...sigh.

Family Man said...

Hi Toni.

Actually I'm a Levi guy. I have one problem though and it a guy thing. I carry my wallet and check book in my left back pocket. Every pair of pants I have, has a hole in the left back pocket. I've even torn up the car seat on the left side. It would seem like I would learn after awhile.

Teacher Toni said...

FM!

You destroyed your car seat because of your wallet. That's quite a wad of money you're carrying. At least you carry your wallet. For a long time, my dad had this annoying habit of leaving his wallet in the car. He changed his behavior - when someone broke into his car!