Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Early jobs

Earlier today, I did a really goofy thing. I conducted a FB search for a guy on whom I had a tremendous crush like 16 years ago. I don't know what gets into me sometimes. He lived at an apartment complex where I was a leasing agent, just before I became a teacher. We both liked each other, but other than one make out session, it didn't go very far. I think he was seriously involved with somebody.

It got me thinking about all those early jobs I held before I dived into my career. That job as a leasing agent was the absolute best for a 25 year single woman. I met several men and ended up with two boyfriends because of this job. I had an active social life, hanging out with the young professionals who lived there. We went to the bar, played beach volleyball; I had a blast.

I'm wondering what early job did you have that, in retrospect, was the right job to have at that moment in your life?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Toni, when I was just out of college and still single I was a ballroom instructor. I got to wear beautiful clothes and taught many cute single men how to dance. I miss those days! We had dance parties every week and the men all wanted to dance with me...it was so much fun and because I was working I never had the awkward goodbyes at the end of the night, and I had an excuse that I had to dance with every man there because it was my job!

Teacher Toni said...

That sounds like a great job to have had. Ballroom dancing is something I wish I had more confidence to learn.

Thanks!