Saturday, December 17, 2011

My End of the Year List

I know that all serious pundits and news outlets compile end of the year lists, and I take myself quite serious, so why shouldn't I put together a little list. I haven't spent much time thinking about these...nonetheless, I feel that my list is quite accurate and irrefutable. Can I get a drum roll, please?



Thank you. Here are my big moments for 2011...

Sad News of the Year


Of course, the loss of my father was the saddest event of the year.

Biggest Adjustment of the Year

Living without Andrew on a daily basis. I want to be able to hear his laugh and squeeze him whenever I want.

Best Decision of the Year

The decision to co-parent was a no brainer. I think that these first few months of the divorce have been easier on Andrew because his father and I actively choose to cooperate and to work as a team for Andrew.

Purchase of the Year

The Mini, as if there could be another.

Concert of the Year

I know that many of you might think that the Rochester Castle show will be my choice, but it's not! I choose, instead, the June 11 Squeeze warm-up gig at the Pelton Arms. Small venue, big smile from my singer as I walk in, and the guys blow the roof off the house. That perfomance cannot be topped.

Night of the Year

Monday, April 4 - Evanston, Illinois.

Student Quote of the Year

About an assignment for which students had to find two obituaries, someone said, "So both of them have to be about dead people?"

Road Trip of the Year

London! London! London!

Drink of the Year

Bailey's

Deadly Sin of the Year

This was a close race, but sloth beats out lust, though just barely.


Accomplishment of the Year

Publishing my first short story.

Discovery of the Year

I am stronger and more capable than I had ever believed.

No comments: