Sunday, April 7, 2013

Music

I read an article from the Guardian this morning about how powerful music is in our lives. The author talks about the tears that flow every time she hears a song that reminds her of her grandmother's death.

I get this. There are a number of songs that trigger strong emotional reactions in me.  Sometimes, a song can transport me to a time long ago.  Sometimes, there are words or lines in a song that reminds me of someone or an event.

For example, I get very emotional every time I hear Stevie Wonder's "As" It stirs my deep love for my son, especially the line "I'll be loving you always."  It makes my eyes watery because I frankly never believed that I could feel unconditional love for anyone.

On a happier note, "Labelled With Love"  will forever remind me a magical night at the Pelton Arms during the summer of 2011, a trip that started my love affair with London.

More recently, I've been a obsessed with Adele's "Turning Tables" because it reminds me of someone who hurt me in a way that resulted in the end of a relationship that I didn't want to end.

What song or songs trigger that emotional response in you?  Feel free to leave a link to a video.




No comments: