Wednesday, July 3, 2013

More from my setlist

Rock n' roll! It's time to turn this blog back up to 11 and add to the set list that my imaginary band would play, if I had any musical ability at all.

For a quick review, here are the first five songs my band would play:  Heartbreaker, Dreaming, Alive, This Must be the Place, and It's Too Late.

For the next five songs, my band (with me as the sexy, lead singing, guitar goddess momma) shall play:

"William, It Was Really Nothing (by The Smiths): I know, I know, Mozz is annoying, even to this vegetarian. But the guitar work (Mr. Johnny Marr) is brilliant and I quite like the lyrics.  They aren't too ponderous or over the top.  It might be the most perfect song ever by The Smiths.

"Is That Love" (by Squeeze) -Of course, I would have to do a song from my favorite band. Great lines like "My assets froze and yours have dropped" and "Legs up with a book and a drink/Now is that love makin' you think" are just too amazing to not want to sing.  Plus, there is a smashing guitar solo for me to play.

"I'm Not Down" (by The Clash) - It might seem like a weird segue way, but that's okay.  As an emotionally overwrought teenager, this was my favorite song off of London Calling, if not my favorite song period. I figure that should count for something and I get to sing this one.


"32 Flavors" (by Ani DiFranco) - I really prefer Alana Davis' cover, but no matter.  I love this song and would do it an acoustic cover of it.

"Wonderwall" (by Oasis) - I cannot get enough of this song, period.  I might even keep the acoustic guitar out to play this song that way.  This truly is a piece of genius.  Considering what a mess they are, I can't, for the life of me, fathom how the Gallagher brothers wrote a song this good.  It doesn't matter, it's on my set list.

No comments: