Saturday, October 19, 2013

After a week and a half

I have now been taking an ssri (fancy letters for a serotonin booster) for a week and a half.  Thankfully, the effects on my sleep seem to be winding down, though I didn't get much sleep last night.  Once my sleep regularly returns to something that resembles normal, I hope to begin to feel a change in my mood.

I can say that I haven't burst into tears since the night before taking the medicine.  For quite some time, I had cried every night.  I am very thankful for no tears.  I did get a little teary when people privately sent me kind and supportive notes of encouragement.  Those are tears I can handle.

Overall, I think I am pleased so far.  I am looking forward to taking more positive steps and will, from time to time, keep everyone up-dated on my progress.

 


No comments: