Sunday, December 27, 2015

2015's Soundtrack - Work

Another year is about to end.  Another year of challenges that I would have rather not faced.  Another year of lessons learned.  I could bemoan the troubles or have a little fun with them.  It's healthier to choose fun, which is why I am going to supply a soundtrack for 2015.

I had a job (until June) that helped me help workers stand up for their rights.   For that portion of the year, I have chosen a little Pete Seegar. 



Then, for no reason, I lost my job.  I wasn't perfect at my new job, but I was happy with the type of work. I would have gotten better with more time at the job.  I had no discipline issues, no write-ups.  Nothing that would merit letting me go.  For that, here's a little CeeLo Green.

Finally, I am still out of work.  I have had some sort of job, continuously since I started baby-sitting at the age of 12.  I've delivered papers, cleaned houses, sold electronics, but I have never been out of work.  I'm at crossroads I never anticipated. I started off angry.  Now I'm sad and worried about my financial future and how long-term unemployment will impact my struggle with depression. I've already been through the "I'm a burden and everyone would be better if I disappeared" stage.  I will have to fight to not feel that way again. For this part of 2015, I'd like to share The Smiths.



Tomorrow, my soundtrack selections will be for the category of Friends.

No comments: