Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Boy, this is a lot of work

I did not realize that toilet training would be so tiring. We started with my son last week and it is all we have been doing. At first, he would scream and cry and whine that he did not want to sit on the toilet. Luckily for us, we had the right combination of bribes for the boy - small trucks and cars!

I am ashamed to admit that we bribed our son, but we did it. To be honest, it has worked out quite nicely for us. Within a seven day period, he has gone from screams to now telling us when he has to go to the bathroom. So far, he is making to the toilet on time - we haven't had an accident since Saturday.

What is a little vexing for me is that we could have gone with a much cheaper bribe. We have run out of dinky cars and have purchased all that are available at our local toy store. We are now using stickers and I'll be damned if he isn't just as happy with stickers. Oh well, as my husband has been saying, if someone had told him that for $35 (the amount we have spent on cars), our son would be toilet trained in a week, we would have thought it was a bargain.

1 comment:

Family Man said...

Hi Toni.

Actually I think ya'll came off pretty cheap and it was pretty quick too. Aren't bribes wonderful. :)