Monday, February 8, 2010

Still alive

I totally have the mid-winter blahs. I go through this every year. I feel like I have nothing to offer the world and I should crawl under a blanket and stay there. I'll get over it, but I think that I need to sneak away for a long weekend and curl up with a book and my book and see what happens.

Perhaps in the meantime, I will begin to plan my big European tour for my 45th birthday. I think that I have the team assembled: Laurie, Laura, and Amy. We've got our destinations" one week in London, one week and a bit in Paris, one week in Ireland, and a couple of lost days consuming brownies in Amsterdam. The trip isn't until the summer of 2012, but I'm so excited at the prospect of seeing these wonderful places, I can hardly contain myself. I think it's time to start assigning research jobs to everyone so we can get a sense of the cost and properly save. That and a road trip should pick up my wintry soul.

5 comments:

Shae Khan said...

"assigning research jobs to everyone...." This put an "lol" kind of smile on my face but it's so true! I think it's awesome that your going on this European vacation! I will vicariously live through you when you go.

P.S. You have so much to offer to the world, hopefully this mid-winter blah passes by quick!

Teacher Toni said...

Only a teacher would assign research jobs to her friends.

Shae Khan said...

LOL you made me laugh again. You are such a great writer. I look forward to reading your next post.

Anonymous said...

My trip to Europe is indefinitely postponed. I was supposed to go this summer but it's not working out well. Hopefully you get to go though! Your plans sound wonderful, especially brownies in Amsterdam. Yummmyyy!

Btw, I just got over my Winter Blues but I think mine had more to do with a certain eye opening conversation I had with a former teacher of mine @ a coffee shop (Ahemmmm ;)

Teacher Toni said...

I was afraid I had depressed you. I'm glad it had the opposite effect.