Wednesday, June 30, 2010

My Presentation

I am beginning to get that anxious, nauseous feeling. In about a week and a half, I have to make a presentation about some writing lesson that I have actually taught that was successful. Therein lies the problem. I am not at all certain that I have ever had a successful writing lesson. For the presentation, I must even have the research that supports my lesson. That is a laugh. No logical person would operate his/her classroom the way I operate mine - on the fly and completely half-assed. Nope I have no idea what I am going to do.

That's kind of a lie. I have a topic, I guess. The children books that my Creative Writing class did. Of course, we never quite finished because I didn't plan properly and we ran out of time. I guess I can find something about older kids mentoring younger kids and motivating students. That might be a place to start. Other than that, I'm lost and my presentation will likely be the weakest in the room.

Baaaaahhhhh. I'm having a pity party and all I need to complete the ambiance are some busted balloons and flat beer.

No comments: