Monday, June 28, 2010

Writing project

As I have mentioned earlier, I am participating in the National Writing Project institute at Eastern Michigan this summer. It is a four week, five days a week, from 9-3 program in which teachers from all content areas and grade levels share writing lessons based on research. What I am enjoying most right now is the opportunity to write, a lot, everyday.

Each morning starts with a writing prompt on which we write about 10 minutes. So far, all of the prompts have really struck a chord with me. I hope that you don't mind if I occasionally mine these for topics.

The prompt for the first day was, if you had to tell you life story in seven story titles, what would those titles be? Here are my seven titles:

1. Creep
2. Bizarre Love Triangle
3. I Didn't Know That There Would Be This Much Paperwork
4. Import/Export
5. Outsourcing Labor
6. Maple Keys and Airbus A380s
7. The Great Reawakening

What would be the seven titles of your life?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can imagine what a couple of those life story titles are about! Haha this sounds like a really hard writing prompt though. I don't think I'd be able to do it!

http://whatshernameslittlesecrets.blogspot.com/
http://thedetroitserenade.blogspot.com/

Teacher Toni said...

You can tell me your guesses at dinner!