Friday, October 14, 2011

A really cute story

I just have to share this before I start grading papers for the evening. There is one young lady who is the first to arrive in my first hour class everyday. Class starts at 7:52 and she is there at 7:30ish every morning. Seeing her absolutely puts a smile on my face as she is a real sweetheart who is working hard to do well in class.

Anyway, she was putting the finishing touches on an anti-bullying poster that she was to turn to turn into me (a unit on persuasive techniques and appeals) when she called my name, "Ms Coral?"

"Yeah, T_____?"

"I never ever tell people things like this, but...I have a really big crush on a boy in this class." She shyly smiled and glanced away from me.

I knew immediately how honored I was at that moment. "Can I guess?" I asked. She nodded. "D______?"

"Yeah," she blushed.

I grabbed an imaginary key, locked my lips, and tossed away the key. "I'll never tell." She smiled again and went back to work on her project and then left to grab a little breakfast.

It's just such a cool feeling when a student gives you a little happy glimpse into her world like that.

No comments: