Sunday, February 15, 2015

Slippage

My job has been keeping me very busy for the last few weeks,and will continue to do so for the next two months.  In general, I get home between seven and eight, after a ten hour day.  This means I am not getting enough exercise or a balanced diet.

Because of that, I've noticed some slippage in the area of mental health.  I am noticing that my thoughts are more circular than they've been in a while.  I am noticing that I'm spending too much time on the couch.  I am noticing that my house is again becoming more cluttered than I would like.

The miracle is that I am noticing all of this and am able to form a plan of action to address my concerns. A year ago, a plan of action was far out of my reach.  I'm not going to say that it will be easy to take action, but it is possible to take steps to heal myself before tumbling to the depths I have previously experienced.

Baby steps. That's all I need to take.  I will only cause myself unnecessary stress if I try to tackle all the issues at once.   A little cleaning here, a little exercise there, and healthy food in the fridge are easy places to start.

No comments: