Saturday, January 8, 2022

David Bowie

Today would have been David Bowie's 75th birthday. I don't get terribly sentimental when celebrities die. David Bowie was different. He was a rock n' roll god whom I actively worshiped. My best friend Monica and I shared Bowie mix tapes and discussed his perfection endlessly.

I can't listen to Bowie without thinking about Monica. She died in a car accident about five years after we graduated from high school. I was crushed. I still get a little emotional about it. Every year, on Bowie's birthday, I listen to as much Bowie as I can, have a little cry, and remember my friend.

I thought right now might be a good time to share my ten favorite Bowie songs, in no particular order.

1. Moonage Daydream

2. Changes

3. Let's Dance

4. Rebel Rebel

5. Scary Monsters

6. Under Pressure

7. Look Back in Anger

8. Breaking Glass

9. TVC15

10. Young American

This is the list today. It will probably change later.


No comments: