Thursday, December 26, 2013

You win some, you lose some.

The end of this year cannot come quickly enough.  I made too many stupid mistakes (which I am too old to make) and was hurt by people from whom I never expected it. I don't want, however, to dismiss it outright.  I have been trying to think of this year's big highlights.  Until New Year's Eve, I will try to post something positive about 2013 and not dwell in the negative.  For today's highlight:

LOVED AND LOST

Fifteen years is a big age gap. I should have known better.  Let's face it, a younger, good-looking, virile man turned his gaze to me and I melted.  Red flags were everywhere, but I didn't care. The passion was hot and mind-blowing. I walked with confidence and a secret smile. I had never experienced anything like it.

The end of this tryst was as fiery as the relationship was hot.  I don't regret for one minute that it happened, even with all the pain I felt in the end.  For those few months, I felt beautiful and sexy.  I'd like to feel that way again, this time without so much pain.

No comments: