Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Before I'm In A Nursing Home

At the rate I've been composing this list of 50 things I want to do before I turn 50, I'll be retired, on Chris Christie's timeline. I think I will offer up ten more items today.

1. Simplify. Simplify. Simplify.  It's time to start shedding things I don't need or use.  For living on my own, I sure do have a bunch of crap.

2.  I have now lived in Windsor since 2002 and still know very little about my adopted home. One of my favorite sensory delights in the city is the smell of the distillery at Wisers (formerly Hiram Walker).  I have been meaning to take a tour.  This will be an easy one to check off the list.

3. Wine is my preferred adult beverage, so it would be nice to tour some wineries that are in located in Essex County.

4.  I have a bread machine.  It makes my life easy.  I want to make bread without the machine, which will overcome a slight fear I have.  This fear is less than the pie crust fear, it is still a fear.

5.  Once Andrew learns to ride his bike, a simple desire I have is to bike around Belle Isle with him.

6. This (former) English teacher has read neither Moby Dick nor War and Peace.  I now have more time for reading, so it's time to figure out what the big deal is about at least one of them.

7.  In my continued efforts to give less of my money to the corporations that are ruling (and often ruining) our world, I want to make all of my own cleaning products.

8.  Another reading goal - this time The Communist Manifesto.  I am sure that many are surprised I haven't read this.  I also have not read The Wealth of Nations because, to be honest, economic theory gives me a headache.  I'll try to read both of them.

9.  This is likely a bad idea, given my various back troubles, but I want to try a skateboard.

10.  I'm not fond of touristy stuff (except the Eiffel Tour), but I really want to ride the London Eye this fall.  I'm sure the view is spectacular.

No comments: