Friday, September 19, 2008

But I'm supposed to have more time!

A few years ago, pre-Andrew (p.A.), my husband and I were walking through the neighborhood. At the time, we were renting the bottom half of a duplex, one block from our current house. We were pointing out features that we liked on houses. As were were chatting and walking, a guy doing some work in his garage overheard us and shouted, "Don't do it! Once you own a house, the work never stops." We thanked him for his sincere (not to mention unsolicited)advice and carried on our merry way. Within the year, we had purchased our home.

As I have stated before, we have really let the upkeep of our house get away from us. Hurricane Andrew is one reason. A never-ending pile of papers to grade has been another. Finally, with my year off, we are addressing some of the house issues that we have been avoiding.

We have finally agreed to paint for the living room and dining room. That sounds lame even as I write it! Anyway, this venture, thus far, has taken up more of my time than I would have like, and we haven't even started to paint. It will be nice when it's done, but that guy was right, the work never ends.

3 comments:

Knucklehead said...

At least he was sincere.
I somehow overlooked coming by every once in a while.

Knucklehead said...

At least he was sincere.
I somehow overlooked coming by every once in a while.

Teacher Toni said...

That's okay. I somehow overlooked writing for two months.