Wednesday, September 24, 2008

I've Heard the News Today

I cannot wrap my brain around how much $700 billion is. Sorry for poor grammar. The more I hear about this bailout, the angrier I get. I've called both Senator Levin and Senator Stabenow and told their staffers how much I am against a blank check bailout. That did not make me feel any better.

Because I am home all day, I've been listening to NPR and the many "experts" talk about this bailout. By the end of yesterday, I was agitated to the point of distraction. There was one comment that left me very distraught. A financial reporter from the New York Times said on "Fresh Air"something about hundreds of banking lobbyists descending on Washington to insure that regulations placed would be minimal. Then she said that the tax payers have no lobbyists and would without a doubt get screwed (not verbatim, I'll grab the link a little later). I was floored by the simple truth of her comment.

I have this crazy idea. Americans need to take to the streets and march in front of their elected officials offices urging no blank check bailout. We need to be in groups of 15, 20 (bigger) all over the country, showing these fat cats we mean business. I don't know that we'll do just that, but I'll put it out there to see if anyone takes it up. In the meantime, I will check to see if there is already a movement afoot to do just that.

No comments: