Friday, September 26, 2008

Friday Night and the Great Debate

Well, it seems that Obama will have a debate partner tonight. That's good. However, I don't know if I can watch. From a practical perspective, we have about a dozen people coming over for an old-fashioned dinner party on Saturday night. I've got to bake a cake and clean this house. Secondly, I am completely scared. I just cannot stand another minute of this election and I am chewing my fingernails down to stubs waiting for the election. I've been trying to stay active; I've been calling Americans who live in Canada to remind them to register to vote. That has not been enough to fight off my anxiety about this election. I am sure that I will peek in on the debate a couple of times. I won't last long however. The second McSame spouts some lie, I'll start screaming at the t.v. and storm out of the room. So, for my sanity and my husband's, I'll stay far away.

No comments: