Thursday, July 28, 2011

Thing 4

Well, I've recovered nicely from my trip to London, so I guess it's time to finish 23 Things Teachers Need to Know about Web 2.0.

Thing 4 deals with subscribing to favorite blogs or other web-sites. I have to admit that I knew about RSS feeds before completing this lesson. I had chosen not to use them because I was afraid that I would get swamped with too much information. I still kind of feel like that.

I could see using it if my students were keeping blogs. But, unless my school unblocks blogspot, I won't be asking my students to maintain a blog.

On a personal level, when I am looking for something new, I use stumbleupon. Right now, I just add a new site to my delicious bookmarks and check in from time to time. I could just subscribe to the site and receive up-dated information. That would be a more efficient use of my time. Perhaps I will try just that.

1 comment:

RESA 23Things said...

Welcome back! It sounds as though you had a wonderful trip. Now back to reality.