Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Thing 5

I almost missed this one. Good thing I was multi-tasking last night and actually slowed down to re-read the assignments.

Last night, whilst making delicious blueberry jam, I played with RSS subscriptions and Google Reader. Because I was in a canning mood, I searched for food blogs, more specifically, preserving. I'm glad I did that because I found a couple of good spots, one with a divine looking recipe for balsamic blackberry jam (I believe that I have found something to make this weekend).If you like making jams check out this site.

The amount of information can be overwhelming and I wonder if this is a tool I'll start to use and then just drop it when life takes over. I'm not really sure that using RSS can fully mitigate that information overload feeling. I fear that I'll check it once a week and start to feel guilty that I hadn't checked in for a while. Blogs are so personal, that I begin to feel that, as a regular reader, I have a responsibility to regularly support the writer. Heck, I feel guilty if I don't write here more often.

As with everything, I will simply do what I can.

No comments: