Saturday, August 6, 2011

Thing 8

Playing with graphics is new to me. I have never played with Photoshop. I'm not interested in Photoshop enough to devote the time to it. I like my photographs to stand on their own and frankly I think I'm good enough that the images I choose do just that.

I played a bit with the mashups and, aside from the Memory game, I really wasn't all that excited about them. They would be good tools to provide to my students when I assign a multi-media assignment.

The image generators were a bit more fun and I can see wasting many an hour playing on these sites. Again, offering these to my students as tools for assignments is a possibility. The other is for my lecture notes, especially if the interactive white board idly hanging on my wall ever becomes operational (and I get at least a little training). These sites would also be fun if I ever have to make a presentation at a staff meeting - just to loosen up the audience.

With everything going on in Lansing, I've been feeling a bit cynical. Then I found out that I will have five preps for this coming school year. So, when I thought about this assignment, my brain was in a darker place than I normally like. But, I wanted to pay tribute to my new favorite actor, Matt Damon.

1 comment:

RJKidd said...

I really enjoyed the image generators also. It so much out there on the internet, its easy for an overload. Yes, I think we are all feeling a little cynical right now. Five preps whew....We just found out that everyone will teach 6 classes.