Saturday, August 13, 2011

Thing 13

I guess that I don't have too many thoughts about tagging, except that I need to do a better job of it. I also guess that how one tags an item depends greatly on how that item will be used. If it's basically for myself, any old way (or ways) will work. On the other hand, if I'm tagging for other people, I have to keep audience (like a good writer) in mind. What will be the most useful way to help direct people to what I hope they find? I think that I mildly lamented that I needed to do a better job tagging my blog entries if I want to generate more traffic.

I have a Delicious account and I know that I need to get in there and better organize my bookmarks. I also need to get into my Flickr account and organize those, too. That way, If I want to connect with other like minded people (let's say Squeeze fans on Flickr) they can more easily find my pictures that relate to our common interests. Perhaps I can do some of that tonight.

No comments: