Thursday, August 18, 2011

Thing 17

Okay, I loved this assignment! Aside from Open Office, I didn't really realize that there were so many on-line productivity tools - and without downloading them.

For my students, I really like Zoho Show. Like Google Docs and group assignments, this site eliminates just one more excuse for not doing an assignment. As long as this site isn't blocked at school, a student with a computer at home cannot tell me that he/she doesn't have PowerPoint, so a poster board will have to do. I have to play with it more as I didn't make an account. I need to know if presentations can be made public so others can look at them, making grading a little easier.

I think I will more than likely sign up for Remember the Milk. For one thing, the cow logo is too cute. More importantly, I can get reminders in email and on Twitter. This, in addition to my phone, should be tremendously helpful.

I made an account at LibraryThing. This site could become my new obsession. At the moment, I can't think of a relevant school application, but personally, the sky is the limit. I like the idea of connecting with other readers who are avid enough to register at a site like this. I will have to be careful with my time.

No comments: