Thursday, August 11, 2011

Thing 11

I actively encountered my first blog after the 2004 presidential election. I was hurt and angry and confused and felt pretty damn alone in the world. I had heard about the Daily Kos, a left-leaning political site,during the election. When I finally visited the site, I found kindred spirits. But the site is so big, I felt as if my voice was continually drowned out by bigger political junkies than me, so I moved on. By spring of 2005, I had found Booman Tribune and it has been my political blog home ever since. I've written diaries there, I have left a number of comments over the years. I have also made a number of real life friends because of that blog

I have a number of friends who maintain blogs. I wish I had time to comment everyday. I don't feel nervous about making comments. Perhaps because I found the tips in the article to be pretty much common sense. But, for people who are new to blogging, the tips are perfect.

I wish that this blog had more traffic. I think perhaps I need to do a better job of tagging my posts. Better labels would provide more Google hits. I love it when a stranger stumbles onto my blog and adds to what had been a soliloquy. It really makes my day.



2 comments:

Tech Teacher said...

You are not in this technology biosphere alone, I have felt many of your same thoughts these last few weeks. I don't know or I've not payed attention to any political blogs but I have taken a interest in your Booman Tribune Blog. I'm glad I read your blog because now I seem to be hooked on Booman. Thanks and I also enjoyed you sharing your other thoughts as well

Teacher Toni said...

Thanks for stopping by. I'm glad you've enjoyed Booman Tribune so far. I know the guy who runs it. He and his partner gave me a six hour tour of Philly while I had an eight hour lay-over before flying to London. Good people and the commenters over there are usually pretty thoughtful and well-read.